We are fortunate to live in a technological and innovative era. Smart technology, improved transportation, and useful apps are all around us, making it simpler for all of us to enjoy living more proficiently. So, about all this amazing advancements, I’m often perplexed as to why some of us are still not are living greener.
If each of us made just one environmentally friendly change, we would have a significant impact on the Earth, our communities, and our energy bills. If you want to make small changes but don’t know what to do to save energy, here are a few things you can do at home to be greener. I’ve included low ticket changes that you can implement.
1. Make it a habit to set your thermostat to a lower temperature when you’re not at home.
2. Install low-flow showerheads to increase the water efficiency of your home.
3. While electric and gas space heaters keep feet warm in cold weather, they aren’t the most energy-efficient way to heat a home.
4. Turn off all unnecessary water sources.
5. Using greener bulbs (Halogen bulbs, compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), and light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs) to reduce your electric bill.
6. Unplug any unused chargers.